1. Why this privacy statement?
Key Estate attaches great importance to protecting your privacy and personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant current statutory provisions. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act is a reference to the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
By means of this Privacy Statement, Key Estate wishes to draw your attention to any processing operations relating to this data and to your rights. By using our platform/website/application you explicitly give your consent to possible processing activities by Key Estate.
It is possible that this Privacy Statement will be subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document regularly. Any substantial changes will always be clearly communicated on the Key Estate platform.
2. Who processes the personal data?
The platform/website/application... www.keyestate.be is an initiative of:
Key Estate (hereinafter referred to as "LID")
VAT number: BE 0448346470
Telephone: +32 2 420 03 03
3. What personal data are processed?
Key Estate undertakes to process only those data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by Key Estate:
Identification data - Personal identification data
Identification data - Electronic identification data
4. For what purposes are my personal data used?
Key Estate collects personal data in order to offer you a safe, optimal and personal user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you make more intensive use of the platform/website/application and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the functioning of the platform/website/application and its services. The processing takes place exclusively for the following well-defined purposes:
- Providing you access to your user profile.
- Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, obtaining and processing user ratings and providing support.
- Offering and improving the products provided; personalized and specific products based on information and data provided.
- The detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviour.
- Marketing purposes
When visiting the platform/website/application of Key Estate, some data will be collected for statistical purposes. Such data are necessary to optimise the use of our platform/website/application. These data are: IP address, presumed place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the platform/website/application of Key Estate you agree with this data collection intended for static purposes as described above.
The User always provides Key Estate with the personal data himself and can in that way exercise a certain degree of control. If certain data are incomplete or apparently incorrect, Key Estate reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
The personal data will only be processed for internal use within Key Estate.
We can therefore assure you that personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties connected with us. Key Estate has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to our platform/website, 'cookies' may be placed on your hard disk in order to better attune the platform/website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the Key Estate platform/website, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. How to disable cookies can also be found in our Cookie Statement.
6. What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of lawful and safe processing of personal data
Key Estate will always process your personal data fairly and lawfully. This entails the following guarantees:
- Personal data shall only be processed in accordance with the defined and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data shall only be processed in so far as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data will only be kept as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and legitimate purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures are taken to reduce the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data to a minimum. In the event of a break-in in its computer systems, Key Estate will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
6.2 Right to access/correct/delete your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you have a right to obtain a decision from Key Estate as to whether or not your personal data are being processed. If Key Estate processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the personal data collected. If you wish to exercise your right of access, Key Estate shall do so within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request shall be sent by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected at any time. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and incompleteness in the first place. You may exercise your right to rectification by submitting a supplementary statement to Key Estate. Key Estate will do so within one (1) month after receipt of the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You may only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
- When the personal data were collected on the basis of consent and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
- When the personal data is objected to the processing and there are no overriding mandatory legitimate grounds for processing;
- When the personal data were processed unlawfully;
- When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
Key Estate assesses the presence of any of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 Right to restrict/object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data:
- During the period necessary for Key Estate to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- Where the data processing is unlawful and User requests a restriction on processing rather than the erasure of the personal data;
- When Key Estate no longer needs the personal data of the User for the processing purposes and User needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
- During the period necessary for Key Estate to assess the presence of the grounds for erasure of personal data.
User shall furthermore be entitled at any time to object to the processing of his personal data. Key Estate shall then cease processing your personal data, unless Key Estate can invoke compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data which outweigh the User's right to object.
If User wishes to exercise these rights, Key Estate shall do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.4 Right to data portability
User has the right to obtain the personal data supplied to Key Estate in a structured, common and machine-readable form. In addition, User shall be entitled to transfer such personal data to another data controller if the processing of the personal data rests solely on the User's consent obtained.
If User wishes to exercise this right, Key Estate will do so within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.
6.5 Right to withdraw my consent/right to lodge a complaint
The user has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In addition, the user has the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of his personal data by Key Estate with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If the user wishes to exercise this right, Key Estate shall do so within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.